Sunday, November 4, 2007

a whole lot of nothing.

hum.

growing old is hard because....

Well, when my teenage angst hit and all was pessimistic and gross, I was just an unexpecting, innocent freshman. The lethargy creeped into my routine, my parents turned all that more irritating and unbearable. My hopes and dreams, my grades for that matter, began to sssllllooowwwly slip through my metaphoric hands. It was a sad and clique day.

haha.

but really. the hard part about growing up is growing up. it just sucks, growing old and have responsibility. But even more than that is the painful and hard realization that all along you were wrong. All those long talks with your crusty grandparents about how you should live it up and enjoy the youth while it lasts, suddenly make sense. No person of my age would DARE admit to being wrong about how they live their lives. We are all about the rebellion and confusion. We bask in our ignorance.

I mean, why listen to someone who has lived this before?

noooooo. Please don't do anything logical poor little teenager.

I must admit myself, until about 2 min. ago, was that person. I was NEVER wrong about anything. I was the guru of all things about life. Forget the fact that I'm only 16. I knew EVERYTHING. But you just have to slap yourself over the face with the book of wake-up calls and just say one thing...

I know just about everything about being 16. And that is just a whole lot of nothing.

1 comment:

RayRay said...

Girl, i love fighting with you